Saturday, February 21, 2015

Stitch Fix #6 ~ Teacher Style

It's so exciting to get my Stitch Fix box!

Here's the rundown of what I received this month:

Although there are many things I love about this Ohara Faux Wrap Tie-Waist Dress from Pixley - the color, the pattern, the fabric - I don't like the length. It's just too short for me. As a teacher, I'm bending over and squatting to tie shoes way too often to wear a dress this length to school. I do have some short sundresses that I'll wear in the summer, but with the sleeves on this dress, I probably wouldn't wear it in the summer. This dress is also quite similar to one from Fix #2, which is a much better length for me. Although I don't need two dresses that are pretty much the same style, I would have kept this one if it was a few inches longer.

I really liked this Christy Embroidered Top from THML. The stitching was so unique, and the fabric was a light-weight cotton - perfect for the hot weather where I live. Unfortunately, the top portion didn't lay well, and I kept having to adjust it to sit evenly on my shoulders. I sent it back.

This Angela Quilted Detailed Blouse by 41Hawthorn is the same style as a blouse from Fix #1. I LOVE the original blouse with stud detailing. This fabric of this blouse is thicker, and there is quilting on the shoulders. I didn't like this one at all, mostly because of the quilting. I also don't want another top that is the same style (and color!!!) as one I already have.
Back it went.

I liked this Sonoma Striped Sleeveless Top by Fun2Fun, even though it poked out a little bit in front at the armholes. I loved the style, but the colors...SO FALL!!! It would look great with a navy cardigan in October. We are having a glorious early spring here in the west. I'm not interested in wearing this bright orange with navy now. I sent it back.

This Fallon Mixed Print Sleeveless Blouse by Brixon Ivy was perfect to wear for my Valentine's Day dinner paired with pants from Fix #1 and a cardigan from Fix #3
I love the colors in this blouse. Keeper!!!

Overall, I thought this fix was a good mix of styles. My regular stylist, Lauren, was on vacation this time, so a different stylist chose my items. 
I am requesting Lauren for my stylist again. 

I can't wait for my fix next month!

Check out my previous Fixes:

Click below to learn more about Stitch Fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment