Monday, December 8, 2014

The Hour of Code

The Hour of Code is here!


This year, my elementary school will participate in this fun learning event during Computer Science Education Week. My third, fourth, and fifth graders have recently begun their coding practice with a tutorial from code.org. Starting December 8th, my kindergarten, first, and second grade classes will work through computer coding tutorials during my technology class. My upper grades will continue working on their courses or choose from the actual Hour of Code course, or they can even code with Anna and Elsa from Frozen! 


Anyone (even parents!) can sign up and begin coding on code.org at any time. Learning how to code helps nurture creativity and problem-solving skills while helping students prepare for a variety of future careers. 
Most of all, it's really fun!

Back in October, I went to a fabulous professional development sponsored by code.org. I gave up an entire Saturday for the training, which I rarely do, and it was totally worth it!


I went back to school on Monday feeling super excited about getting my students started with coding on code.org

My students were so excited to give coding a try. They love it! 
There are many different types of puzzles to help students learn coding:









Give it a try! Visit code.org today!

No comments:

Post a Comment