Monday, August 5, 2013

Terrific Teacher Lunch Ideas #1

I can't believe it's almost time for school again! This summer, I've really enjoyed eating what I want, when I want, and even going out for lunch now and then.

 As teachers, we are often so busy that we don't have a lot of time for lunch. I like to plan ahead each weekend for simple and tasty lunches, and I make sure to include some yummy snacks too.

One of my favorites is chicken salad.
I buy precooked chicken from the deli at Alberston's to save time. I just LOVE the mayo with olive oil! It's so delicious!
The amount of mayo/yogurt to add depends on how moist you like your chicken salad. 
 Once I tried using just the yogurt to save calories. It just wasn't as rich and creamy as I like it, so now I always add the mayonaise.
These tasty gluten free bagel chips are crisp and mildly sweet. I buy a big bag of clementines every week for lunches and snacks. 
I've got to have my morning and afternoon snack. I get grouchy if I'm hungry! These are quick snacks to grab between classes or on my prep period. 

I hope you enjoyed my teacher lunch and snack ideas. Stay tuned for more ideas to come!

Do you have any great lunch or snack ideas to share? I've love to hear about them! 

~Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, I'm glad you asked! Kind Bars are delicious fruit and nut bars that are healthy and gluten free. There are lots of different flavors, and some even have chocolate. I grabbed one at an airport gift shop once, and I've been hooked ever since. They are available in the health food/protein bar section of some stores like Fresh & Easy, Whole Foods, and Albertson's. I usually order mine in bulk from Amazon.
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken salad looks yummy! I'm going to have to try making it. I love chicken salad. Thanks for the idea!

    Heidi
    Secondgradealicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heidi! I'm getting ready to eat the last of the chicken salad for lunch. Yum!

      Delete
  3. Your chicken salad sounds great! I'll be trying that! I found you through TBTS and came by to visit your blog - very cute! I'm your newest follower!
    ღ Diane
    schoolhousetreasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! I visited your adorable blog and I'm following you too!

      Delete